Targeted Landing Pages
Creating targeted landing pages to compliment your PPC campaign is a great way to increase conversion rates. In fact, a PPC campaign without targeted landing pages isn't much of an advertising campaign at all, because what good is increased traffic if you can't convert that traffic into more sales?
The goal of any PPC campaign is to drive targeted traffic to your site. That means bidding on the right keywords or niche terms that correspond to your product or service - and therefore attracting searchers who are more likely to buy from your site. Writing a creative and effective ad that will actually get those targeted users to click on the ad and visit your site is the next step, but then what?
Believe it or not, getting people to click on those ads and visit your site is the easy part - getting them to do something once they're on your site is a whole other story. This is where targeted landing pages come into play.
The purpose of a targeted landing page is to convince people to fill out a form, give you their email address, subscribe to a service, buy a product, or take another similar action (determined by you) to benefit your business. In order to do this, a targeted landing page must accomplish specific goals and abide by several guidelines.
An Effective Targeted Landing Page will:
- Pick up where your ad left off - if you promised a "20% discount" off a certain product, then the 20% discount should be clearly emphasized on your landing page. Keep the message consistent, and reinforce whatever your ad promised the potential buyer
- Provide a concise and convincing message - Get to the point, and show them how your product or service is of benefit to them
- Emphasize important elements - take the most important part of your sales pitch, place it in the center of the page and make it stand out above everything else. Keep other important elements above "the fold" (without scrolling) to make the process as easy as possible
- Lead them to the sale - the layout, design, and color scheme of your landing page can help the user browse through your page and pick up important information
- Give them a way out - conversion exits should be plentiful and obvious. If you want them to click on a button, make sure the button is clear and attractive. If you want them to fill out a form, optimize it for simplicity and ease of use, auto-fill fields if possible
- Eliminate distractions - resist the temptation to promote other parts of your site or other products. Everything on your landing page must work together towards one goal: converting the sale. If there is something on your page that doesn't somehow work to convince them to buy - get rid of it
What The Web Mark can do for you
The Web Mark has over a decade of experience in search engine marketing, search engine optimization, and eCommerce website development. As part of our suite of services, we can manage your entire PPC campaign from start to finish, including keyword research, setting up a budget, day-to-day operation of the campaign, and most importantly: effective and targeted landing pages that will lead to more conversions and better business.
While you focus on your business, we take care of our business - internet marketing at its finest. A partnership with The Web Mark and its parent company, The AXT Media Group, will ensure maximized profits across all aspects of online marketing and an efficient return on investment (ROI) for your company.
Contact us to learn more about how you can take advantage of our years of experience and expertise in Internet marketing and technology solutions.